Make a Transfer
Transfer money in Saudi Riyals and other currencies between your account(s), or to a third party in local banks via SARIE or abroad via SWIFT.
Create a Standing order
Standing order is a service that allows you to create and manage your frequent systemic transfers.
Make a SADAD or MOI Payment
Pay your bills and Ministry of Interior fees using SADAD services.
Request Travel or Easyshopping cards
This service allows you to request, activate and manage prepaid cards (Travel Cards and EasyShopping Cards).
And as always, assuring you of our best services
- View your account(s) balance and transaction details
- Addition and activation of new beneficiaries with a feature to activate through Call Back
- Electronic statement of account and Credit Cards
- Stop stolen or lost mada Debit Cards from The Saudi Investment Bank
- Self-Enrollment into the service
- Self Service Password Reset
- Smartphone Application
- View real-time foreign exchange rates
- View and subscribe the available Initial Public Offerings (IPO)
- View your point in our loyalty program (WooW) and redeem your points with a different collection of products
- The Flexx Click services are available to customers holding a current, savings or salary account.
- This service is not provided to Joint Account holders.
CHARGES AND MINIMUM REQUIRED BALANCE
Flexx Click service is offered free of charge.
Our registration process takes only a few minutes.
Before registering in this service, please make sure you have the following at hand:
Mobile phone number registered with the Bank with the SMS Alert System activated
Valid mada Debit Card and Your Identification Card Number
Bank Account Number
How can I register to Flexx Click service?
You can register online
I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
You can generate a new password from here.
I forgot my user identity. How can I reset it?
You can retrieve your forgotten user ID from here where you will be provided with your user ID.
I don’t know my customer number. Where can I find it?
Your customer number is part of your account that appears on your statement of account. It is the 6-digit number that comes after the first 4 digits on your statement, the last 3 digits are not part of your customer number.