Minimum Deposit amount of SAR 50,000.
Available in Saudi Riyals as well as other major currencies approved by SAIB.
The SAIB Murabaha Deposit allows you to make a healthy profit on your money in a safe and Shariah-Compliant manner. The Bank enters into a contract with you to invest your money in a selected commodity at an agreed price. You make a profit by selling the commodity at a future date at a higher price.
Exceptional Investment period
The investment period is minimum 3 months only if the investment amount varies between:
- 18 years
- 15 years for Saudis holding a valid ID card.
- GCC citizens with valid passport, or national identity card (applicable only to citizens of Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and UAE), and proof of address in the Kingdom (evidenced by a utility bill, house rental contract, real estate title deed, or a letter from a Saudi citizen attesting to the GCC citizen’s address) along with their home country address.
- Non-Saudis (and Non-GCC) holding a valid residency permit (Iqama).
- Short Term Investment Agreement (Etifaqiaht Istithmar Qasseer Al Ajal)
- Authorization to Buy Commodities (Taukeel Bishira Silaa) provided to SAIB
- Murabaha Contract for Commodities (Aqd Murabaha Silaa) to sell the commodities to the Bank
These form are available at all SAIB branches. Our staff will assist you to complete the forms
CHARGES AND MINIMUM REQUIRED BALANCE
No administration fees.
Minimum investment amount of SAR 50,000 or equivalent in US Dollars or Euros.
Terms & Conditions
Click here to view the Account opening terms and conditions
An example of information that will be obtained when applying for a product
|Investment amount (SAR)||100,000|
|Investment Tenor (Months)||12|
|Profit margin %||2.05|
|Number of withdrawals allowed||Not appliable|
Is the SAIB Murabaha Deposit product consistent with Shariah laws?
This is an Islamic short-term investment product based on the concept of Murabaha and approved by the Bank’s Shariah Board.
How do I earn a profit?
The Murabaha Deposit allows you to make a healthy profit on your money.
You enter into a contract with SAIB to invest money in commodities. You then agree to sell these commodities at an agreed future date and profit.
To know more please contact our Flexx Call contact center at 800 124 8000.
What are the benefits of a Murabaha Deposit?
- No administration fees.
- Flexibility in Investment period i.e. from 1 month to 12 months.
- Low Minimum Investment Amount – Start an investment with just SAR 50,000! However, for investment amounts between SR 50,000 and 100,000 the minimum period would be 3 months.
- Available in Saudi Riyals, US Dollars and Euro.
Who is eligible for a Murabaha Deposit?
Any customer having an account with the Bank.
How much can I invest?
There is no maximum, you can invest as much as you want.
What is the minimum amount I can invest?
SAR 50,000 or equivalent in US Dollars or Euro.
How long does it take to make a Murabaha Deposit?
The entire process will not take more than 25 minutes.